Alisa Christopher

bobbycaputo:

HumanaePortraits Match People of Different Ethnicities With Their Pantone Color

Brazilian fine art photographer Angelica Dass‘ series Humanae identifies portrait subjects from around the world using the Pantone color system. Using an 11×11 pixel swatch from her subjects’ faces, Dass matches them to corresponding Pantone colors, creating an abundant and unique catalog of skin tones that reflects the world’s diversity beyond the categorizations we have long been confined to. We recently asked her more about the ongoing project.

This, is incredibly awesome - showing that skin tone is more than just 4 colors.
Plus the artist in me is overjoyed at this being a catalog of facial features as well as skin tones to use as reference!  I always wanted to put together a binder of this kind of thing, but it’s already been done.  Yay!

PS: This collection is also on Tumblr: http://humanae.tumblr.com/

(via avatar-mom)

I’ve put together a catalog image of the pony designs I offer so far, and added two new designs: Mrs. Cupcake and Flutterbat!
Don’t forget to fill out this survey to get 10% off your order: http://bit.ly/1gegXzE
Who should I add next?

I’ve put together a catalog image of the pony designs I offer so far, and added two new designs: Mrs. Cupcake and Flutterbat!

Don’t forget to fill out this survey to get 10% off your order: http://bit.ly/1gegXzE

Who should I add next?

I realized that I’d put the notch to allow for the unit’s guns on the wrong side of the model.  AND the silicone I had for making a mold has expired and I can’t even pour it to measure it out.

So, after arranging 12 copies of the model and uploading it to shapeways, I found that where a single shield had cost $3, 12 of them only cost $13 - which was actually a pretty good price, and certainly cheaper than going out and buying a new mix of silicone and going through the effort of making a mold and casting duplicates.

Also, the Ultra-Detail option was only $4 more than the regular Detail material, so we decided to spring for it.

So here’s the new print, both raw and primed.  I love how these turned out.

OH, and you can order it for yourself here: https://www.shapeways.com/model/1757944/corset-shields-12pc.html

The prints from Shapeways arrived today (a little late due to the polar vortex, thank you UPS employees for your hard work)  and they look great!

The first one, in the strong & flexible material, looks similar to the 50micron level one that our friend did, but with better fidelity (probably due to not being in someone’s pocket for 20 mins). Since it’s not PLA, the texture is a little grainy.
The polished version (which I got in pink for breast cancer, yay) has managed to maintain a surprising amount of detail, although the laces on the lower half of it have gotten softened a little more than I’d care for.  A little careful sanding could help make the details pop up more again.  It’s still the same material as the first, so the texture is a little grainy.

The detail print looks great, and probably the one that I’ll actually use to make the mold from.  You can still make out some of the stepping, where I’m sure having the model printed vertically could help mitigate some of that.

I primed both the detail and the polished prints, and where the PLA prints from our friend took to the primer extremely well, these materials required a few more coats.  Given the graininess of the polished version, its definitely going to be the detail print that I use.